Enjoy cats and kittens in your home with no strings attached.
We do not have a shelter of our own, so we depend completely on foster homes to temporarily house kittens and cats until they get adopted.
Foster care is one of most rewarding volunteer opportunities. You have the pleasure of welcoming cats or kittens into your home without having to adopt them. This means you only have them for a short while, and you do not need to pay for food, vet care, and other supplies.
Everyone loves kittens, but you don't usually get to enjoy babies in your home for long, since they grow into cats. With foster care, you can always have a bouncy, loving kitten around to keep you company.
If you are considering foster care, please fill out our volunteer application. Someone will be in touch as soon as possible. Remember, our organization runs completely on volunteers, so calls might come in around lunch time or after working hours.
If you would like to talk to some of our volunteers about foster care, come visit us at Petco on Rosedale Highway on Saturday from 10-3pm. We would love to meet you!
What is provided:
- Food, litter box, litter, medical care, toys, and supplies.
- Anything else that deemed necessary to ensure a successful foster care experience.
Requirements for Foster Home:
- Family must have time for foster animals and not be maxed out on obligations to current personal pets.
- All personal cats must be indoors.
- All animals need to be spayed/neutered.
- All animals need to be current on vaccines.
- Family must have a quiet space for cats/kittens.
- Family needs to be willing to allow adult fosters to live among personal cats if possible.
- Family must be willing to bring cats/kittens to adoption hours on Saturday and to vet for medical care if needed.
- Family needs to be able to foster cats and kittens for up to four weeks.
- Households with young children may not be the best fit for foster care.
- Smoke free environment.
- No snakes.